- Loving my Hair: I will wash my beautiful afro hair every 7-10 days without fail! I will take time to detangle my hair and deep condition every time.
- Silky Head: I will use a silk scarf and/or silk pillow case each and every day
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
- Mind & Soul: I will meditate daily or at least 3 times a week to develop calmness and stillness within oneself
- Charity begins at home: I will look after and spend more time with my parents, parents/siblings/children and support time actively as much as I can
- Positive Energy: I will only surround myself with positive people. This may mean reducing the number of people I surround myself with.
- Education is key: I will learn something new every day, regardless of how small it may seem.
- Good Food: I will eat more healthily, reduce fried food and limit my high carbohydrate intake.
“Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let each new year find you a better man.”
– Benjamin Franklin, Inventor
- Physical Fitness: Exercise at least 3-4 times a week to create a healthier version of myself!
- H2O: I will drink more water, more herbal teas and have less caffeine
- Be Green:I will walk more and try to leave my car at home
- I will be more conscious of my spending- I will save more, but I will try to limit unnecessary purchases!
- Looking Good: I will reassess my wardrobe and Make-up and find things that suit you best. Look through old pictures and ask my friend/family member who will give me their honest opinion
“The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.”
G.K. Chesterton, English Writer
- Time-wasting TV: I will spend less time watching pointless TV and be more active
- Because I’m Worth It: I will commit to having a ‘ME- ONLY-DAY’ at least once a month
- Hobby Up: I will pick up a new hobby and spend a good amount of time to develop it
Happy New Year NubianSisters